Talent Connect’s Open Office Virtual: a chance for local students to zoom inside the minds of Brooklyn’s founders and CEOs
Bridging the gap between local tech companies and the students of Downtown Brooklyn
April 14, 2020
With its Make It in Brooklyn Open Office series, DBP has brought local students inside the offices of Brooklyn’s startups. This semester, we’re going virtual.
Through video conference sessions from April 22 to May 1, students will get to hear from local founders and CEOs about how they got where they are, the struggles they’ve faced along the way, as well as career and life advice.
Part of DBP’s Talent Connect program, the Open Office series has proven very popular with students and with founders alike. Over the last three semesters, more than 200 students and 14 companies have taken part in the program.
For this series, we’ve signed up a great group of startups to participate, including:
- Urban Energy, a startup that leases city rooftops to install solar panels: Wednesday, April 22 @ 2pm.
- Dollaride, a platform matching dollar van drivers with passengers on their daily commute:
Friday, April 24 @ 3pm.
- TWOSENSE.AI, a cybersecurity startup that uses biometric data to make passwords a thing of the past: Tuesday, April 28 @ 1pm.
- CoverUS, an app empowering users to save money on healthcare—Thursday April 30 @ 1pm
- Scroll, a platform for a clean, enhanced reading experience on some of the largest online publications, changing the business model of news: Friday, May 1 @ 2pm.