Join Newlab for an in-person showcase to celebrate Resilient Energy, an initiative in collaboration with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) and Con Edison that aims to cultivate local energy storage capacity by working with entrepreneurs, energy experts, community organizations, and leading industry stakeholders to advance energy storage technologies for a sustainable urban future.
On the evening of June 6, Newlab will highlight the work of the initiative to date, including an opportunity to hear directly from the five energy storage companies Newlab has partnered with to deploy real-world NYC pilot projects that range from the introduction and approval of new battery chemistries for urban use, to storage enabled EV fast-charging, to large and connected energy storage system simulations.
The Showcase will feature:
• Welcome remarks from Newlab and NYCEDC
• Speakers from NYCEDC and FDNY (TBA) on the importance of energy storage innovation and safety in New York City
• A networking reception including a chance to engage directly with each featured company and their technology to learn more and share learnings.
• ElectricFish: Showcasing rapid installation of ElectricFish’s 350², the company’s patented, containerized battery storage-integrated DC Fast Charger, to expedite access to public charging and local grid resiliency at Floyd Bennett Field.
• Orenda Power: Simulating large-scale energy storage system(s) in the Brooklyn Navy Yard as a model to pave the way for future connected energy storage system development.
• Urban Electric Power: Designing, constructing, and permitting a first-of-kind modular, scalable, transportable, and made-in-NY zinc energy storage system on a construction site in NYC, with an eye towards safe indoor battery storage in NYC
• WATTMORE: Building innovative forecasting and energy management systems to maximize the impact of energy storage and distributed energy resources.
• Yotta Energy: The SolarLEAF is the world’s first viable energy storage technology to directly integrate with solar modules on rooftops. Yotta will be doing a demonstration project on a waterfront commercial rooftop in Manhattan.
We welcome entrepreneurs, industry leaders, government representatives and anyone interested in learning more about the growing energy storage ecosystem in New York City to attend.